Thursday, February 27, 2014

Powtoon

I am currently in a Hamline University Technology Cohort hosted in Edina. Through that cohort, I am being reminded of things I new about but didn't take the time to try and learning about new things, too. In fact, I am writing this blog because of the cohort. I started one a few years back but only made one post. So far, this one is faring much better.

One of the requirements of the current class I am in, Curriculum in the Cloud, is to fiddle with a few web tools and use one to create a project similar to what a student could do. I chose to create a Powtoon because I had already heard of it an been intrigued. I will say that, instead of taking one hour, I took about 2.5 to finish this but that's because I am a perfectionist and I wanted the images and transitions to be just right. The end result is kind of cool. Now that I've done it once, I'd like to continue to experiment with it. But maybe after informances are done.



Disclaimer: I grabbed all my pictures from google images but, because I wasn't originally planning on showing this on a broad scale, I didn't keep the citation.
(this brings up an interesting point: if I ask my students to do a similar project this spring with the iPads we got in a grant--perhaps preparing them for the Minnesota Orchestra/Orchestra Hall fieldtrip--what will I have to prepare ahead of time to make sure we don't break copyright?)

No comments:

Post a Comment