Friday, January 24, 2014

I might have won them over...

I taught the final performance of the cinquain with one of my 5th grade classes today.

I began by announcing the goal and was answered with groans and moans. Apparently they don't like the song that I was planning to use as the A section, Snowflakes white are dancing down, even though we've only done it once. I use it to identify dotted-eighth-sixteenth and for an easy, accessible song for improvising with instant success. Maybe it was too easy?

I handed out the cinquains from last time then answered a myriad of questions reviewing the A section song then handed out B, C, D, etc cards to the students who were going to share their cinquains in the rondo. We had one practice run of the main song then did a final performance.

When it was all said and done, I asked if they changed their mind about the song and decided they liked it after seeing how it was all put together. Many of them said that they liked it better. Yeah! Still, I'm wondering if it needs to be tweaked for next year or if this is just a recalcitrant bunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment