Friday, May 9, 2014

What a great day--the iPads are amazing!

Today I used the iPads in three classes and it was AMAZING! Everything was done in groups of 2 or 3 students:
  • The third graders watched a Brainpop! video about Strings. We are preparing for our field trip to Orchestra Hall and completing the curricular goal of identifying instrument families and instrument names/sounds. Then they took a kahoot quiz that I made this morning by using the brainpop! quiz and typing the questions and answers into the kahoot quiz maker. The kids had so much fun they asked to do it again (to get a better score). How incredibly motivating!!
  • Fourth graders used iPads for recorder karate and I did some testing. This is still the messiest feeling iPad activity for me because I am still working out the kinks, making sure they are on task while also testing kids one on one. But I think its getting better every time.
  • Fifth grade was the most fun for me because, after working on 5th grade recognition songs, we got out the iPads and just played and played with Socrative. The kids would say, "let's do a true or false!" then I would make up a true or false question ("true or false, I clapped the rhythm on the board correctly.") and they would answer. We did T/F, multiple choice, short answer, and exit card. What fun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment