Thursday, May 15, 2014

Socrative is my New Best Friend

Wow! I've been using Socrative these past 2 weeks and it is so powerful! In a 3rd grade lesson I was doing a Kahoot quiz which went really well. When we were done we didn't have enough time to do both a new Brainpop and another Kahoot so I decided to do a dipstick test to see what the students remembered from the video and quiz. Students are in groups of 2-3 and just answered the socrative questions in teams. I didn't require them to put in their names but I might next time. I selected short answer and set it to unlimited answers then asked what they learned about Brass instruments. Great feedback from kids. The second question was what they remembered from our super fast presentation of Orchestra Hall behavior expectations. When done, I sent a report to myself of the answers which showed up in spreadsheet format. So. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment