Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Laryngitis

Last Saturday I had a terribly sore and swollen throat. I could barely swallow and I was convinced I had strep. "Not so," said the Urgent Care doc. It's just a virus causing pink eye symptoms, the golf-ball sized swollen glands, and the earache (from congestion pressure caused by the virus). "Gargle with salt water, take a sudafed for the congestion, and take Tylenol or Advil for the pain." I didn't get any advice about how to stop the eye gunk. Why am I writing about my weekend health concerns, you ask? Well, apparently, the cold/flu/virus has migrated. I woke this morning with almost no voice.

Hmmm. A Music teacher with no voice? It's going to be an interesting day! (or week, depending on how long it takes to get my voice back).

No comments:

Post a Comment